Effective date: January 1, 2017
Last modified: January 17, 2022
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE COLLECTED?
Your information will only be collected when you complete a form, subscribe to a blog or newsletter, respond to a survey, or place an order.
Some of the information you may be asked to provide, including your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, or, if products or services are offered for sale, your credit/debit card or other payment information, may allow you to be identified. This type of information will be referred to as “Personal Information.”
You may, however, visit this site anonymously.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE USED
Any information collected may be used to improve our website, personalize your experience, and more effectively respond to your needs.
• Chatrooms, Blogs or other Forums: This site may provide an opportunity for you to voluntarily post information to a chatroom or forum, as a comment to a blog entry or by means of other publicly accessible areas of the Services. If this is the case, any information that you provide may be publicly displayed. You are encouraged to refrain from providing any Personal Information, including any information regarding health or medical matters, or anything else that you wish to remain private, in such a context.
• Surveys: You may occasionally be asked to complete surveys. Participation is voluntary. This site only uses and publicly discloses the information that we collect from surveys in an aggregate manner, not in individually identifiable form, for purposes of research and education and to allow an improvement of Services.
• Inquiries: If you send a comment or question or make an inquiry, the information you provide will be retained for the purpose of responding to you, as well as for improving Services.
• Visitors: If you are just visiting the Services and not requesting information, making a purchase, contacting Shifting Center Inc or otherwise affirmatively submitting Personal Information, Personal Information is not ordinarily collected except through web logs, as described below. In that case, Shifting Center Inc will obtain the information that you provide and use it to respond to your inquiry or request.
• e-Commerce: If opportunities to make purchases are provided on this site, and if you provide your credit/debit card number or other payment information for such purpose, this information will only be used to fulfill your purchase.
• Web Logs: We maintain Web logs that automatically record basic information about everyone who visits the Services are maintained. This web log information will help us improve this website, identify popular features, and improve Services; it may also be used for other managerial and analytic purposes. These logs contain:
◦ The Internet domain from which you access the Services.
◦ Your IP address.
◦ The type of browser and operating system that you use.
◦ The date and time you visited the Services.
◦ The pages that you visited on the Services.
◦ The address of the website you linked from to get to the Services.
• Links to Other Websites. The Services may include links to other websites whose privacy practices differ from ours. If you submit Personal Information to any of those sites, your information will be governed by their privacy statements.
• Communicating with You. Your Personal Information may be used for the purpose of communicating with you and responding to your inquiries.
• Service Providers: We may at times contract with third party service providers to perform functions for us. These service providers may be given access to the information we collect for the purpose of performing those functions, but they will be contractually bound to maintain the confidentiality of the information and not to use it for any other purpose.
• Disclosures for Legal Reasons: We will disclose Personal Information when we are required to do so by law, regulation or securities exchange requirement, for example, in response to a court order or subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request or when we believe such disclosure is appropriate to protect our legal rights or to safeguard anyone’s property or safety.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE PROTECTED
Your privacy is an utmost priority. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of any Personal Information you provide. Personal Information will not be sold, traded, or otherwise shared with outside parties.
This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
In accordance with the requirements of the COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age.
Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
We use reasonable efforts to maintain the security of all Personal Information, including technological safeguards, but cannot guarantee that an unauthorized breach or disclosure of such information could never occur.
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
DO NOT TRACK
We do not note if you set your web browser to send a “do not track” or similar request when you visit our Services, and doing so will not affect the performance of the Services.
Shifting Center Inc
Sand Chang, PhD PSY22098
4001 Howe Street
Oakland, CA 94611